Have you waited forever to begin playing guitar? Well, it has never been easier to get started. The best way to begin your journey is with a guitar package, that fits your vision. The best beginner guitar packages include everything you will need to play from the moment it arrives at your door.
If you are planning this as a surprise for a child or yourself, this is perfect. I know many parents tell me that they are clueless when it comes to buying a guitar, so let’s make it as easy as possible.
The Top 3 Decisions You Need to Make
- What type of guitar?
- What type of strings
- Electric or Acoustic?
The easiest way to answer these questions is to imagine what type of music will be played on each guitar. Will it be Rock and Roll? The Blues? Ballads or Pop? Classical?
- When Rock is your style of music then you will be looking at a hardbody, steel-string electric guitar. If you’re someone who wants to play a bit of metal like Pantera, Van Halen, or Metallica, and then wants to play rock like Arctic Monkeys or Cold Play.
- Then some awesome Jimi Hendrix… basically you looking for a guitar that can do a bit of everything, then this electric guitar is the right choice for you.
- Looking to play a mixture of ballads and pop around the campfire? Then you will want a steel-string acoustic. This will give you more volume unplugged when jamming or you can plug it in with a band.
- Artists Lesson Pack (LSP) Acoustic Guitar Pack is designed with the beginner guitarist in mind. Imagine how much quicker you will learn with a good quality guitar. With a great sound to inspire you and great design to make it easy to play, you’ll breeze through the first stages of your playing. You’ll be playing your first song and impressing your friends in no time!
- Do you want to play acoustic ballads and classical pieces then consider a small nylon string guitar? With its thin neck and soft nylon strings, you can sing along and not get drowned out. Perfect for beginner guitarists looking for a sweet, mellow sound. This is an ideal guitar for beginners.
- The nylon strings are easy on beginner’s hands and its standard 4/4 size will give you room to develop good habits as you begin your journey as a guitarist. (if you’re looking for smaller versions of this instrument look at our 3/4,1/2 and 1/4 range).
Who is Artist Guitars?
This is a family-run Australian company that has been around for 11 years, making and selling guitars. Since starting in 2009, they have shipped over half a million orders. I own several including an awesome bass.
They only deal in quality instruments that come with 100 days of free returns, a money-back guarantee, and a 3-year warranty. Free delivery in Australia. They are only a phone call away to answer all your questions or click below to browse.
Receive free exclusive access to video lessons when you buy a guitar pack:
- As an addition to buying your new guitar, they are proud to offer you a series of online lessons designed specifically for beginning guitar students. This series of lessons is designed and presented by the in-house guitar teacher John Holland. John has over 35 years of teaching experience from beginner to advanced and absolutely believes that the basic fundamentals of this great instrument form an extremely useful base for all practicing guitarists.
- This is what this lesson pack is all about – the stuff that nobody really tells you at the start of your guitar-playing journey. Issues like holding the guitar, using a plectrum, and some simple exercises to start you off. So whether you’re 7 or 70, take some time to check out the lesson pack, and most importantly – be patient and have fun!
Learning Guitar and Owning an Instrument
Nothing can prepare you for the pleasure and pain of becoming a guitarist. What pain?
- learning anything new can be challenging but with free lessons to get you started that can be minimized. Do I need talent?
- Will your fingers hurt when you first start playing, probably a little. Steel strings can cut in a bit, so pace yourself and if possible play every second day to allow the callouses to build up.
- Nylon strings are softer on the fingers but you still will need to put enough downward pressure on them to get clear notes. Be kind to yourself. Little and often will help you become a player quicker than bleeding fingers. Give your hands time to strengthen.
What about pleasure?
- Hearing your first chord, nice and clear
- Playing your first song
- Mastering a lead riff
This is all ahead of you on your journey to becoming a musician. Don’t be scared, it’s a journey of a thousand steps and it’s easy one step at a time.
Why Buy a Beginners Package?
I’ve been playing guitar for over 40 years professionally and you learn a few things along the way. When it comes to guitars, paying more money won’t necessarily get you a better guitar. It comes down to the wood used and how well it was made in the first place.
A super cheap guitar may seem a good deal but often there will be a problem keeping it in tune. This can frustrate a beginner guitarist and make them quit.
Sometimes taking the guitar to a guitar specialist may help with an adjustment to the neck or better strings. But often it’s a fundamental flaw that can’t be fixed.
The safest option is to buy a guitar either from a guitarist friend who can vouch for the guitar or a reputable company with a return policy. If they know it can be returned they won’t sell you a dud. That is why I am confident to endorse Artist guitars as I own some of their guitars and have had no problems, and their service is excellent.
They have great packages so that you can start playing from the moment it arrives.
Tune, Play, and Learn!
Enjoy your journey and stay in touch.