Your first guitar is so crucial to your success as a beginner guitarist. I can’t stress it enough that you take the time to think about all the reasons you have decided to learn to play. For a beginner who plans to play classical or Jazz music, I cannot recommend any guitar more than The Cordoba C5 Guitar. I own one and play it every day. It is the best classical guitar for beginners and I will tell you why.
Key Elements of Design
What do you need to look for;
- A thin neck
- A cutaway shape to allow access to the upper neck frets
- 3/4 size for a comfortable body fit
- Small size for women and children
- Easy to transport
- Semi-Acoustic with Pre-Amp
- Nylon Strings
- Attractive durable Guitar
Classical guitar benefits
- This lovely little guitar will allow you the versatility to play in three different ways.
- You can strum chords with a pick, thumb or finger for a gentle mellow sweet tone.
- Or start to learn finger picking. This can be classical melody lines, Chet Atkins picking or a natural blend of your talents.
- You will be able to play it without amplification as an acoustic guitar or plug it into an amp and add volume.
- Consider reading about my lesson course review for classical guitar with Steve Krenz.
The Cordoba C5 – CE IBERIA Series Electric Acoustic Guitar
- Solid Canadian Cedar Top
- Mahogany back and sides
- Fishman Isys+ Pickup
- Rosewood Bridge and Fingerboard
- 50mm neck width (slim)
- Savarez Chrystal Corum Nylon Strings
Cordoba guitars are a must play for serious classical guitarists. Watch and listen to The Grigoryan Brothers playing their amazing music on their Cordoba Guitars. Famous all over the world.
The Cordoba Story
Cordoba guitars are designed in the Spanish Tradition. They are made to be stylish, have lovely resonance and be lightweight. Perfect for a beginner. Some of their guitars are made in Spain but a lot are made in China today.
The Cordoba company was founded in 1997, they have spent many years expanding on the unique design and sound of the Spanish guitar. Showcasing a huge range of guitars, to perform a wide musical range from Classical to Flamenco. Inspiring such artists as; Leonard Cohen, Jose Gonzalez and Bon Iver.
These guitars are designed to enhance the playing of a novice to a seasoned performer. Nylon and Steel string Cordobas are available. Also, many left-hand guitars.
Pros and Cons
- Small Body Guitar
- Thin Neck
- Warm vibrant sound
- Cutaway shape
- Semi – Acoustic
- You can’t play Rock and Roll on this guitar
If you are looking for an excellent instrument, which will encourage you to play and is the best beginners guitar you have found it.
This link will take you to Amazon where you can see the best price. Your sale will be appreciated in supporting my family.
I hope that you have enjoyed this post. Please feel free to ask any questions or leave a comment. I look forward to hearing from you.